Serial Framework is the Software Developer Kit (SDK) for software developers that
provides an easy access to the Serial Ports features on Windows desktop platforms. Serial
Framework is the part of Wireless Communication Library but can be used
as stand alone library.
Serial Framework Editions
- .NET Edition is the native set of .NET (C#/VB.NET) classes written in C#
- C++ Edition is the static library developed to be used with Microsoft Visual C++ (or any other compatible C++ compiler)
- VCL Edition is the native set of Delphi/CBuilder components written in Delphi (Pascal)
||Enumerating serial devices (COM ports and Modems)|
||Enumerating USB devices|
||Monitoring changes in serial hardware|
||Monitoring changes in USB hardware|
||Exchange data with serial device|
||Receive COM events|
||Receive modem events|
||Full serial port control|
||Support for Bluetooth vCOM|
||Support for USB vCOM|
||Support for com0com|
||OBEX Object Push Profile (OPP) client|
|Full list of supported features can be found in
Frameworks Comparison Table.|
You can download Serial Framework as Executable Installer or as 7-Zip Archive.
We strongly recommend to use the Executable Installer. If you are facing any problem with
installing Serial Framework please do not hesitate to contact us at
Demo version limitations
- Nag-screen appears when you start and stop using the Serial Framework;
- You can not use demo version for developing free or commercial applications;
- You can not use demo version for developing applications for your own needs;
- The demo version is for trial use only.
Executable Installer Installation Guide
- Close all instances of your IDE running on your computer.
- If you already have previous version of the Library installed on your computer, you must uninstall it.
- Unzip contents of the downloaded zip-file and run WclSerialDemo_XXX.exe.
- Follow the installation wizard guide.
Archive Installation Guide
After downloading the archive please use 7-Zip to unzip the
archive. Then follow this Installation Guide.
Serial Framework is licensed per developer. This means that each developer that uses Serial Framework
must have own license. It is not licensed per machine or per server.
Each developer who has the license can install Serial Framework on any number of computers in case it is
used only by this developer.
- Any payment types (Credit/Debit Cards, PayPal, Wire Transfer, others) through our merchant service 2Checkout.
- US ACH payments from US companies only.
- EURO SEPA payments from European companies only.
- UK BACS payments from UK companies only.
Without source code
With source code
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you did not receive an answer
or registration within 24 hours please contact us at